5 Tips to Keep Clean Area Rugs
Clean area rugs can really add a lot of character and style to a room, but they can be a pain to clean. Area rugs can quickly become stained and dirty, making them difficult to clean and requiring special care. Area rugs are a great way to add color and pattern to a room, but they can be difficult to keep clean. If you want to keep your area rug looking its best, we’ve compiled some tips to help you keep it clean.
Area rugs are often a key focal point in a room, and can really pull the design together. But they can also be a pain to keep clean. Area rugs can quickly become stained and dirty, making them difficult to clean. It’s important to clean area rugs on a regular basis to keep it looking its best. Area rugs cleaning doesn’t have to be difficult, but there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Here are five tips to help you keep your area rug clean and looking great:
- Vacuum regularly – This will help to remove dirt and dust that can accumulate on the surface of the rug. Be sure to vacuum both sides of the rug, as dirt can get trapped in the fibers. Through regular vacuuming, you can help to keep your rug looking clean and new.
- Spot clean spills immediately – If you spill something on your rug, it’s important to spot clean it immediately. Use a clean, damp cloth to blot the spill. Do not rub or scrub, as this can damage the fibers. This will help to prevent the spill from setting in and becoming difficult to remove.
- Use a mild detergent – When washing your rug, it’s important to use a mild detergent. Strong cleaners can damage the fibers and cause the colors to fade. Use a cleaner specifically designed for area rugs. This will help to protect the fibers and keep the colors from fading.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure – too much sun can cause the colors in your rug to fade. If you must place your rug in direct sunlight, be sure to rotate it regularly so that all sides get an equal amount of exposure. This will help to prevent fading and keep your rug looking its best.
- Have it professionally cleaned – It’s a good idea to have your rug professionally cleaned every few years. This will help to remove any deep-seated dirt and stains. A professional cleaner will also be able to properly clean both sides of the rug. They have the knowledge and experience to safely clean your rug without damaging it.
Following these tips will help you keep your area rug clean and looking great. Area rugs are a great way to add color and style to a room, but they can be difficult to keep clean. If you want to keep your area rug looking its best, we’ve compiled some tips to help you keep it clean.